Kirkby Stephen East Railway Station

Edited by Stefanu Elias Aloysius

Please note that the content of this book primarily consists of articles available from Wikipedia or other free sources online. Kirkby Stephen East railway station was situated on the South Durham & Lancashire Union Railway between Barnard Castle and Tebay. It served the town of Kirkby Stephen in England. The station opened to passenger traffic on 8 August 1861, and closed on 22 January 1962. The station had an extensive goods yard which is now occupied by a Caravan Park. Also on the site was a engine shed, carriage shed and turntable.